Frequently asked questions for the Spanish Language Immersion Pilot Program.
- How will Spanish be taught to the students?
- Will students learn to read and write in Spanish?
- Will students have homework in Spanish or English?
- Will students be tested in Spanish or English?
- Will the students go to Essential Areas (art, music and PE)?
- What credentials will the Spanish-speaking teacher hold?
- Will the students in the program have opportunities to interact with other children in their grade who are not enrolled in the immersion program?
- How do I sign up my child?
- What if I do NOT want my child in the immersion program?
- What type of instruction will students who are NOT in the immersion program receive?
- What if there are more applications than available openings?
- What if there are too few applications? Will the program dissolve?
Student placement in the program will be based on a first-come, first-served basis for children who reside in the attendance area. In each grade level, the first 44 families to apply for the program will be admitted, assuming all criteria in the application are met. If the 44 available spots are not filled by resident students, other students may be eligible according to time and date of application as well as the stated criteria.