Frequently asked questions for the Spanish Language Immersion Pilot Program.
- Is Futuro a dual language program, a bilingual program or a Languages Other Than English (LOTE) program? What are the differences under Texas law?
- How will Spanish be taught to the students?
- Will students learn to read and write in Spanish?
- Will students have homework in Spanish or English?
- Will students be tested in Spanish or English?
- Will the students go to Essential Areas (art, music and PE)?
- What credentials will the Spanish-speaking teacher hold?
- Will the students in the program have opportunities to interact with other children in their grade who are not enrolled in the immersion program?
- How do I sign up my child?
- What if I do NOT want my child in the immersion program?
- What type of instruction will students who are NOT in the immersion program receive?
- What if there are more applications than available openings?
- What if there are too few applications? Will the program dissolve?
- Is bus transportation provided if a child transfers from a different school to one offering Spanish immersion?