Points of Pride
- In Accountability Ratings released August 2022, Eanes ISD and all nine campuses achieved an A rating. Eanes ISD earned 97 out of 100 points, the highest in the region.
- The Eanes Education Foundation granted $2.75 million to Eanes ISD during the 2021-22 school year, which is funding 55 teachers and staff positions, and supporting the Institute for Excellence, the district's staff leadership program.
- Eanes ISD nabbed top state and national rankings by research site Niche for 2021, including number one in the state, 11th in the nation.
- The annual financial audit resulted in an Unmodified Opinion, the cleanest audit awarded. The District was also given a perfect score with a Superior rating in the Financial Integrity Rating System of Texas (FIRST), which rates districts on the quality of financial management practices and how resources are directed towards instructional purposes.
Westlake High School
- Westlake High School moved up 32 spots and is now ranked number 261 in the nation by 2022 U.S. News and World Report rankings. Westlake ranks first in the state for both 5A and 6A comprehensive four-year public high schools, excluding schools with a selective admissions process.
- Westlake HS ranked 172 in the nation for science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) by Newsweek.
- Westlake HS was named #1 comprehensive public high school in Texas by Niche.*
* excludes magnets, charters and schools that require an admission process
- The Class of 2022 includes 33 Semifinalists, 70 Commended, 20 Hispanic Scholars, 4 Indigenous Scholars and 1 African American Scholar.
- In the 2021-2022 school year, 79% of the Advanced Placement tests Westlake students have taken scored a three or higher.
- The Class of 2022 had 99 percent accepted to admission at the college level.
- Westlake has had a Presidential Scholar Candidate each of the past five years.
- Westlake High School had 21 students selected as All-State musicians by the Texas Music Educators Association (TMEA), an honor that only the top three percent of musicians who initially audition achieve.
- Westlake Chaparral Marching Band appeared in their 5th State Finals and placed 10th in 2021, earning recognition as being in the top 4% of Texas bands.
- The Class of 2022 includes 8 Westlake High School students earning perfect ACT scores.
- The Westlake Football team won the state championship in 2019, 2020 and 2021.
- The 2021 Westlake Boys Golf team won their fourth consecutive state title and seventh overall.
- Westlake High School student James Roberts won the National Championship for Speed Climbing at the 2021 USA Climbing Youth Nationals.
- Westlake High School student Ava Gavin placed first in the State in the InvestWrite innovative national writing competition.
- The National Council of Teachers of English has recognized Westlake's literary magazine, The Final Draft, in their REALM (Recognizing Excellence in Art and Literary Magazines Program) contest with a rating of "Excellent" for Junk Drawer, the 2020-2021 edition.
- Westlake students Adelle Xia Jin Yong and Alan Wang both were selected as Best in Fair in the Austin Energy Regional Science Festival.
- The Westlake High School Elite Visual Ensemble finished third in the nation at the Winter Guard International World Championships in Dayton, Ohio.
- Westlake High School had many students participate in the UIL Academics Regional competition. The entire Westlake team won with 164 points overall. The 2nd place school had 108 points.
- Westlake High School Latin students won 3rd place overall at the Latin State Convention. The WHS Novice Certamen team finished 1st in the State and will represent Texas at the National Convention.
- Westlake High School had 56 students win awards for their performance taking the National Latin Exam with 41 of the awards placing in the top three and 1 perfect score. The National Latin Exam was taken by 100,000 students from all 50 states and 20 foreign countries.
- Westlake Robotics Team FRC 2468 competed for the Chairman's awards among 79 finalist teams of 3225 total teams at the FIRST Robotics World Championships in Houston. Team 2468 was recognized as 1 of the 6 finalists for the Chairman's award.
- Westlake High School has 4 Gold Key winning art students who received top recognition at the regional level and advanced to the national level. Gold Key winners have the chance to be recognized as the top 1% of student artists in the nation. See the amazing artwork in this short video: https://express.adobe.com/video/mdZ2rp27620wY
- West Ridge Middle School DI Dynamites finished 3rd in the world at the Destination Imagination, Inc. Global Finals.
- West Ridge Middle School's Team Nautilus made it to the Future City Finals out of 57 teams. Nathan Bluestein, Miranda Xu, and Etain Salcido Duffy won Best Essay and received a perfect score.
- Students from Hill Country and West Ridge Middle Schools participated in the Latin State Convention with fantastic results: HCMS had individual 1st and 2nd place finishes and the team finished 12th in the state. WRMS had individual 2nd and 3rd place finishes and the team finished 14th state.
- Both Eanes ISD Middle Schools earned many awards on the National Latin Exam: HCMS earned 18 awards with 1 perfect score while WRMS earned 14 awards.
- West Ridge Middle School students excelled in the American Scholastic Achievement League online competition, going up against 9,000 students nationwide. Sixth-grader Lizzie Grigg received the highest score in Texas and was named the 6th-grade State Champion. Aayan Cheema, Lizzie Grigg, Kyle LoboPrabhu and Miles Yen won the National Gold Medal School Team Award. Eighth-grader Sreekar Garimella received the highest score in Texas and was named the 8th-grade State Champion. Sreekar Garimella, Audrey Han, Kelly Ma and Edward Yan won the National Bronze Medal School Team Award.
- Barton Creek Elementary students Advika Gunturu, Mahi Patel, Sravya Garimella and Aarshi Chava won the Future City Jr. competition, building a zero-waste cit of the future. Their team, Circulus, researched and then built their city with mostly recycled materials that included at least one moving part. The team wrote a research paper describing the engineering components, city infrastructure and features that made their city waste-free.
- Forest Trail Elementary Fabulous Falcons finished 10th in the world at the Destination Imagination, Inc. Global Finals.