Points of Pride
- Eanes ISD and all nine campuses achieved the highest rating of “Met Standard” in state accountability ratings. Scores for Eanes ISD and all its campuses significantly surpassed the minimum target score in all four categories.
- Eanes ISD nabbed top state and national rankings by research site Niche for 2019-20, including number one in the state, 11th in the nation. Eanes ISD was also named #2 for Best Places to Teach in Texas.
- The Eanes Education Foundation granted $2.5 million to Eanes ISD, which will fund 50 teachers and staff positions, and support a leadership program for staff.
Westlake High School
- In 2021, Westlake High School moved up five spots and is now ranked number 293 in the nation by U.S. News and World Report. Westlake also notched number 152 in the nation for Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM). Westlake ranks first in the state for 6A comprehensive four-year public high schools, excluding schools with a selective admissions process.
- Westlake HS ranked 172 in the nation for science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) by Newsweek.
- Westlake HS was named #1 comprehensive public high school in Texas by Niche.*
* excludes magnets, charters and schools that require an admission process
- The Class of 2021 includes 24 Semifinalists, 55 Commended, 9 Hispanic Scholars and 2 African American Scholars.
- Over the past five years, 82.4% of the Advanced Placement tests Westlake students have taken scored a three or higher.
- The Class of 2021 had 96 percent accepted to admission at the college level.
- Westlake has had a Presidential Scholar Candidate each of the past five years.
- Westlake High School had 21 students selected as All-State musicians by the Texas Music Educators Association (TMEA), an honor that only the top three percent of musicians who initially audition achieve.
- The Class of 2021 includes 9 Westlake High School students earning perfect ACT scores.
- The Westlake Football team won the state championship in 2020 and 2021.
- The 2021 Westlake Boys Golf team won their fourth consecutive state title and seventh overall.
- The Westlake Robotics FTC Team Taus (5628) won the state championship.
- A group of Hill Country Middle School students won the No Barriers Youth and Wells Fargo Global Impact Challenge, a diversity and inclusion competition designed to spark ideas from high school and middle school students for building a world free of barriers, stereotypes and discrimination. Hill Country was one of two first-place teams to receive $5,000 to help implement their projects. Six students led by teacher Sylvia Troxell, proposed a project to create a fun, interactive educational campaign about hidden disabilities to help ensure that all students welcomed, understood and encouraged to participate to the best of their abilities.
Two HCMS 8th graders won 1st and 2nd place for the State of Texas in the Letters About Literature Contest!
1st place - Baxter Lowrimore
2nd place - Audrey Wong
- HCMS and WRMS both had winners in the Student Stock Market Game, a competition where students explore which stocks, bonds, and mutual funds make a virtual portfolio the strongest in the region.
* Hill Country students won Second Place
* West Ridge students won First Place n the fall, and Second Place in the spring.
- Club Oreo, an all-girls West Ridge Middle School 7th grade Robotics team finished in the top 50 in the world and took home 2nd in the Robot Strategy and Innovation Award in an international robotics tournament.
- West Ridge students participated in the American Scholastic Achievement League Competition, an online quiz-bowl covering all core subject areas (plus two trivia questions). The WRMS 6th grade team is the National Gold Medal award while the 8th grade team won the National Bronze Medal award. 8th grader Chris Wu won the State Champion trophy, and James Gibson won the State Champion trophy for 6th grade.
- West Ridge Middle School was named a 21st Century Learning Exemplar, a national recognition of educational excellence. P21 has designated West Ridge Middle School as a Beyond School 21st Century Learning Exemplar for 2017-2018. West Ridge earned the award for its outstanding practices in equipping students with the necessary skills and knowledge for success in college, career, and life through its Future City Engineering Program.
- The WRMS Brainstormers received the Spirit of DI Award when they had to start from scratch to recreate their props after they were lost in the receiving process.at Destination Imagination, Inc. Global Finals! Approximately 1,400 teams competed from around the globe.
- Nathaniel Roe from West Ridge Middle School qualified to compete in the state level competition of the National Geographic Bee!
- Barton Creek Elementary students won First, Second, and Third Place awards in the Student Stock Market Game, a competition where students explore which stocks, bonds, and mutual funds make a virtual portfolio the strongest in the region.
The DI Dynamites from Barton Creek Elementary won fifth place out of approximately 90 teams at Destination Imagination, Inc. Global Finals. Approximately 1,400 teams competed from around the globe.