Educator of the Year
Every year educator at each school nominate a fellow educator as the educator of the year. From those educators a committee is formed to select the District educator of the year.
WRMS's Elizabeth Compton Named 2019 District Educator of the Year
West Ridge Middle School orchestra teacher Elizabeth Compton was named Eanes ISD Educator of the Year at tonight's Employee Recognition and Retiree dinner.
Elizabeth Compton has 16 years of teaching experience, with all 16 years in Eanes ISD. She has represented the campus in several professional organizations at the local and regional level over the years including Texas Music Educators Association, Texas Orchestra Directors Association and Texas Music Adjudicators Association.
Compton has led the WRMS orchestras to a high level of achievement (four orchestras brought home sweepstakes this year). She has created an environment where she and her students have fun along the way to success, develop a love for music and a strong sense of community, and laugh often. This year Compton spent one of her conference periods providing the opportunity for special education students to learn how to play a variety of instruments.
Compton takes students who have never touched an instrument before and turns them into award-winning performers. She challenges her top performer and yet can make the newest player feel good about orchestra. She is thoughtful, kind, compassionate and a wonderful asset to West Ridge and Eanes ISD.
The nine campus winners participated in an interview process to select the 2019 District Educator of the Year. The Westlake Rotary Club sponsors the award and Rotary members serve on the District selection committee. The Westlake Rotary Club will recognize all nine Educators of the Year at a Rotary meeting held May 10, 2019.
- Barton Creek Elementary – Chrissi Knox, Kindergarten Teacher
- Bridge Point Elementary School – Patience Jones, Music Teacher
- Cedar Creek Elementary School – Bethany Tomasik, Third-Grade Teacher
- Eanes Elementary - Tamara West-Bray, Second-Grade Teacher
- Forest Trail Elementary – Michael Buthe, Instructional Partner
- Valley View Elementary – Kena DiNardi, Special Education Teacher
- Hill Country Middle School – Corey Green, Math Teacher
- Westlake High School – Rebecka Stucky, English Teacher