Educator of the Year
Every year educator at each school nominate a fellow educator as the educator of the year. From those educators a committee is formed to select the District educator of the year.
Brett La Bissoniere Named 2021 District Educator of the Year
West Ridge Middle School 7th-grade science teacher Brett La Bissoniere was named Eanes ISD Educator of the Year at tonight’s Employee Recognition and Retiree Celebration. Due to COVID-19 safety protocols, the event was held with limited capacity and livestreamed.
Brett was hired as a first-year teacher at West Ridge seven years ago and she has remained there, saying it is her dream job. She teaches 7th-grade science and is the science department head, National Junior Honor Society sponsor, track coach and more.
Brett is always researching and creating new, relevant content for her students. She connects with her students and through that connection, encourages and inspires them. Brett has embraced and integrated Universal Design for Learning into science classrooms to boost student engagement and make sure every student's needs are met. Especially during COVID, she has gone out of her way to engage her in-person and remote students.
Brett has headed school-wide programs to raise awareness and money for leukemia research, raising over $40,000 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society last year and over $45,000 this year despite a pandemic and the winter storms!
- Barton Creek Elementary – Eddie Dauernheim, Special Education Teacher
- Bridge Point Elementary – Katy Schueller, 1st-Grade Teacher
- Cedar Creek Elementary – Robyn Post, 4th-Grade Teacher
- Eanes Elementary – Stephanie Wright, Special Education Teacher
- Forest Trail Elementary – Karen Purdy, Kindergarten Teacher
- Valley View Elementary – Quen White, 2nd-Grade Teacher
- Hill Country Middle School – Brittaney Morrison, 7th-Grade ELA Teacher
- Westlake High School – Cathy Cluck, AP History Teacher