Please read of the following to help ensure safe transportation for our students.
- View "Play It Safe" video with elementary and/or new students to district that will be bus riders:
Learn how to Ride the Bus Safely
- Have your child ready for school and ready at the bus stop five minutes before pick-up time.
- Teach your child their full name, home address, and telephone number where an adult family member may be contacted in an emergency.
- Review the Rules for Riding the Bus.
- In the event you are unable to be home when your child arrives, arrange an alternate plan with your child: where to go, a hidden key, talk to a neighbor, etc. Careful planning for the unexpected can greatly reduce your child's anxieties!
- Kindergartners and 1st graders must be received by parent or designee. If neither are present, student will be returned to school. Parents may opt out of this requirement by filling out the Transportation Contact Form.
- Although your child cannot ride a bus other than it's assigned bus, they are able to get off on a different stop as long as it is on his/her regular route. You must notify your child's school and they will notify the driver. The driver cannot accept handwritten notes from the student.
- Due to overcrowding, Transportation is not able to accommodate groups that do not usually ride that specific bus.