Tips for Remaining Safe Online
- Protect your passwords from others.
- Logout of applications when finished.
- Never save passwords in web browsers.
- Don't open attachments or click links from unknown senders.
- Never reply to email messages unless you are familiar with the sender or content.
- Keep your devices updated with the most current operating systems.
- Remove any unused applications from your devices.
- Restart devices on a regular basis.
Tips for Managing Your Email
- To report a suspicious email forward the message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Within the mail application mark the suspicious email as junk or spam.
- To change your Eanes ISD account password login to the portal at https://eanesisd.us001-rapididentity.com/idp/AuthnEngine#/authn and follow the online prompts.
- Contact Technology Services at 512-732-9090 or extension 20777.
Student Data Privacy
Data privacy refers to the protection and management of personal information in order to prevent unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. It involves ensuring that sensitive data is kept secure and only accessed by authorized personnel for legitimate purposes, while also providing individuals with the right to control how their data is collected, used, and shared.
Student Data protections are governed by the following federal laws:
Setting Up Two-Factor Authentication
Online safety is important to us and is a priority for Eanes ISD. With the recent increase of scam and phishing emails, we are encouraging all staff to activate two-factor authentication on their individual Eanes ISD account. Two-factor authentication alerts the user if anyone attempts to login to systems using their specific username and password and limits the severity of the security breach on systems and applications you may routinely access.
Follow the steps on this handout to activate two-factor authentication. If you need assistance completing the process contact Technology Services.