Skip To Main Content
Eanes ISD

Energy Management

All our campuses meet EPA Energy Star ratings.

Barton Creek Elementary, Bridge Point Elementary, Cedar Creek Elementary, Forest Trail, Valley View Elementary, Hill Country Middle School, West Ridge Middle School and Westlake High School have all been awarded Energy Star plaques. 

Conserve Energy

We make every effort to conserve energy throughout the district. Some of the ways we accomplish this is by doing the following:

  • Make sure windows and doors stay closed,
  • Turn off lights when you leave a room,
  • Report dripping faucets or other leaks, 
  • Keep blinds closed with room is unoccupied or during very hot weather.

School Energy Audit Maps

Our biggest opportunity for savings on the utility budget comes from electricity because it makes up over 75% of our utility costs. Studies show about 60% of the electricity consumption comes from heating and cooling while the remaining 40% comes from lighting and plug load. As the use of technology in the classroom increases, we are starting to factor the number of devices and power required for those devices when determining where we can gain efficiency.

Average Distribution of Spending by Type of Utility

energy chart

Want to get involved?

Join your new Campus Conservation Committee or student Green Team!

Mr. Green

Visit our Student Green Team Website