Skip To Main Content
Eanes ISD



Report a COVID Positive Form

(512) 732-9285
Fax (512) 732-9274

Hello! The high school nurses' clinic is staffed with two nurses, Dionne Carrasco and Debbie Brown, RN. 

Our office hours are 8:15 am - 4:15 pm on school days and we often will answer email after hours. Feel free to stop by and discuss any health concerns you may have for your child. We want to partner with you to make sure all of their health needs are being met at school.

Please read the following and see if it answers your questions. If you still have questions, feel free to give us a call!

The Westlake nurses take care of all the students at Westlake High School, including the 9th grade center, TLC and ATS. It is our desire to partner with the students, parents and staff to promote a healthy environment at WHS for each student. Parents, please communicate any health needs or concerns that you may have for your student such as severe allergies, medical conditions or anything else that we need to know.


What if my child needs to take medication at school?
At WHS, students may carry over the counter medications (OTC) as long as they are in the original container. The nurses do NOT give out any OTC medications. We will allow and assist your student to call you to bring them medication if appropriate. ALL prescription medications must be given out through the nurses’ clinic. Parents need to sign a medication permission form and bring it and the prescription medication in the labeled bottle to the nurse. For students who need medication longer than two weeks, the form must be signed by a physician. Medication Policy.

What about immunizations and related records?
Immunization records will be updated throughout the school year. Families may view their child's shot records on Skyward Family Access. Many of the records that have been submitted over the summer will not be entered into the system yet, but we will have those entered during the first few weeks of school. We will look at ALL of the records before school starts to make sure that all students have the state required shots. You will be notified if something is missing. All students must be compliant with the state requirements. A waiver form from the health department is also acceptable. If you need to request an immunization record for college or camp, please give us some notice so we can have it ready for you.

What do I do if my child becomes ill at school?
They will need to come to the nurse. We will evaluate your child and call you if necessary. They should not call you and leave campus without signing out. Please list an emergency contact on Skyward for us to call if you are not available.

My child has a life threatening allergy. What do parents need to do for the school?
In the Eanes ISD, we take allergies seriously! Before school starts each year, we need to have the doctors' orders indicating the type of allergy and what to do in case of emergency. You may find that form on this site under forms. In the event that an allergy action plan has not been provided by the parent, the nurses will follow the Eanes standing orders and allergy plan. Students with a life threatening allergy should carry their own epinephrine injection device on their person at all times. They may also carry their own antihistamine as ordered. It is the student/parent responsibility to provide their own epinephrine. We also keep stock epinephrine in the nurse's office in case of an emergency. Each year, teachers and staff are trained on signs and symptoms of an allergic response, prevention methods and proper administration of epinephrine. The student's allergy is noted in Skyward for teachers to see. If there is an allergic reaction at school, we will notify the parents immediately. If we must give Epinephrine, please note that we will ALWAYS call 911 and then the parents. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns.

My child has a fever. When may they return to school?
If your child has a fever (100 degrees or higher) or vomiting in the evening or morning before school, he/she should NOT come to school that day. If they develop a fever of 100 degrees or higher during the school day, they will be sent home from school. They should not return until they are fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medication such as aspirin, Tylenol or Advil. This policy supports the ill child and prevents unnecessary exposure of other students to illnesses. Please report communicable diseases (Example: chicken pox, measles, conjunctivitis, strep throat, Fifth’s Disease, Staph, Pertussis etc.) to the nurses’ office.

What do I do if my child needs to be excused from PE/Athletics?
You should write a note or send in a doctor’s note excusing them. All Physical Education excuses must be referred to the nurses’ office. Students that need to be excused from PE or athletics must bring a written excuse from a parent or physician to the nurses’ office and they will receive a note to give to their teacher. If your student is in WHS athletics, it is a good idea to communicate also with the athletic trainers.

Where do I get an athletic physical form?
You can obtain the form from the athletic trainers or on the athletic website. They should be turned into the trainers/coaches each year. We do not keep a copy of the physical forms in the clinic.

What do I do if my child has a concussion?
If your child is in WHS athletics, please report it to the athletic trainers. If they are in PE, band, dance or club sports or not in WHS UIL athletics, please report it to the nurses. We will work with them to make sure they are following their physician's orders and we will be a liaison between their teachers and physician. Concussion management information.

Feel free to call us for questions or concerns. We are happy to help in any way we can.