Women have come a long way and DEI would like to celebrate the journey! March is National Women’s History Month! March 8 is designated International Women’s Day.
Let’s celebrate women pioneers who, after facing a number of challenges of gender inequality, have brought us to where we are today. During Women’s History Month, let’s focus on the past advancements of these women to inspire those who may one day help shape our future!
Here are links to books and online resources that can help you celebrate this impactful month for women and girls everywhere:
- Rad American Women A–Z by Kate Schatz
- Who Says Women Can’t Be Doctors by Tanya Lee Stone
- Shaking Things Up by Susan Hood
- The American Writers Museum
- PBS What to Watch: Women’s History Month
- Family Activities
- Women in Leadership
- The Untold History of Women in Science and Technology
- TED Talks Video: The Historic Women's Suffrage March