As of August 2018, 90% of the 2015 Bond funds have been expended. As such, the Bond Oversight Committee (BOC) recommended how any remaining unallocated funds should be designated. The Board of Trustees then voted to repurpose the BOC into a Bond Advisory Committee to help form a potential 2019 Bond.
Voters approved a $52.5 million Eanes ISD bond package on May 9, 2015 that addresses capital improvements, replaces buses, improves technology and returns land to campuses by moving district functions into a District Operations Center. According to the Travis County Elections Office, voters approved the lone proposition at 65 percent.
“We are thankful to our community for showing their support to our students and staff, and for continuing our commitment to excellence,” said Dr. Tom Leonard, Superintendent of Schools. “The passage of this bond will help ensure the best for our students, as well as decrease strain on our budget.”
Non-Facilities - $4.7 Million
- Replace 8 Buses
- Replace/Update Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment
- Replace Uniforms, Musical Instruments & Equipment - WHS, WRMS, HCMS
- Replace PAC Video Projectors
- Production Technology PAC
- Lighting Upgrades/Replacement PAC
- Replace Standard Definition Closed Circuit Television System - PAC
- Enhance Stadium's PA System
Technology - $10.1 Million
- HVAC Redundant Unit (NOC Data Center)
- Campus Fiber Backbone & Cabling
- Replace Computer Desktops/Laptops
- Replace Phones/Handsets
- Emerging Technology (Includes 3D Printers, Emerging Tech, Misc.)
- Wireless (Campus) AP Upgrades
- Student Mobile Device Initiative
- Phone System Voice Gateways Equipment at Campuses & NOC
- Network Gear (Campus) Upgrades
- Phone System (Data Center) Software Upgrades
Construction - $12.7 Million
- Renovate and repurpose the existing Engineering/Robotics lab to create instructional space for Health Sciences lab.
- Renovate and add additions to the existing Transportation facility necessary to create operational efficiency.
- Improve traffic flow & parking lot improvements allowed by repurposing existing space occupied by the District Warehouse.
- Renovate and expand the existing building located on the Shriner property that will house the District Warehouse relocated from the Eanes Elementary location.
- Fine Arts Additions - HCMS
- Fine Arts Additions - WRMS
Facilities - $26.5 Million
- HVAC Replacement/Energy - BPE, CCE, VVE, HCMS, WHS
- District-wide Roofing - BCE, BPE, CCE, FTE, HCMS, WRMS, WHS
- Update Fire System - FTE, BCE
- Upgrade Rigging - WHS PAC
- Add/Update Security Cameras & Access Control
- Parking & Road Renovations
- Replace Obsolete Equipment - Energy Program
- Renew Sports Fields - WHS
- Replace Windows - WRMS
- Refurbish Walls, Floors, Ceiling & Other Surfaces
- Replace Canopies - EE
- Upgrade Cafeteria Lighting - HCMS
- Resurface Tennis Courts - HCMS, WRMS
- Kitchen Expansion/Remodel - WRMS & EE