Candidate Informational Letter and Packet
Congratulations on your decision to file for a place on the Eanes ISD ballot for the May 2020 election. This information letter is provided for your convenience and contains links to the following documents:
- Application for a Place on the Eanes ISD General Election Ballot. The application for a place on the ballots must be received in the Eanes ISD Central Administration Building by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 14, 2020.
- Eanes ISD Election Calendar 2020. This document contains several important dates and deadlines affecting candidates.
- Campaign Finance Guide for Candidates and Officeholders Who File With Local Filing Authorities
- Code of Fair Campaign Practices – Form CFCP
- Appointment of a Campaign Treasurer by a Candidate – Form CTA and Instruction Guide.
- 2020 Campaign Finance Filing Schedule For Reports Due in Connection with Elections Held on Uniform Election Dates (e.g. school board positions).
- Candidate/Officeholder Campaign Finance Report – Form C/OH and Instruction Guide.
- Political Advertising: What You Need To Know.
- A Short Guide to the Prohibition Against Using School District Resources for Political Advertising in Connection with an Election.
- Resources for Board Candidates. The Texas Association of School Boards offers free resources for board candidates.
For further help with campaign finance questions, please contact the Texas Ethics Commission at (512) 463-5800 or (800) 735-2989.
You should direct other questions about election law to the Texas Secretary of State Elections Division at (512) 463-5650 or (800) 252-8683.