Candidate Informational Letter and Packet
Congratulations on your decision to file for a place on the Eanes ISD ballot for the May 2018 election. This information letter is provided for your convenience and contains links to the following documents:
- Application for a Place on the Eanes ISD General Election Ballot. The application for a place on the ballots must be received in the Eanes ISD Central Administration Building by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 16, 2018.
An electronic version of the application is available at the following website: http://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/forms/pol-sub/2-21f.pdf
- Eanes ISD Election Calendar 2018. This document contains several important dates and deadlines affecting candidates. Election calendar available here: https://www.eanesisd.net/board/election/timeline
- The complete May 5, 2018 Election Law Calendar is available on the Texas Secretary of State’s website at: http://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/laws/may-5-election-calendar-2018.shtml
- Campaign Finance Guide for Candidates and Officeholders Who File With Local Filing Authorities. This document is available at: href="http://www.ethics.state.tx.us/guides/coh_local_guide.pdf
- Appointment of a Campaign Treasurer by a Candidate – Form CTA and Instruction Guide. These documents are available at:
- 2018 Campaign Finance Filing Schedule For Reports Due in Connection with Elections Held on Uniform Election Dates (e.g. school board positions). This document is available at: https://www.ethics.state.tx.us/schedule/s18uniform.pdf
- Candidate/Officeholder Campaign Finance Report – Form C/OH and Instruction Guide. These documents are available at:
- Code of Fair Campaign Practices – Form CFCP. This document is available at: http://www.ethics.state.tx.us/forms/cfcp.pdf
- Political Advertising: What You Need To Know. This pamphlet is available at: https://www.ethics.state.tx.us/guides/Gpolad.pdf
- A Short Guide to the Prohibition Against Using School District Resources for Political Advertising in Connection with an Election. This pamphlet is available at: https://www.ethics.state.tx.us/pamphlet/Bpad_sch.pdf
- Resources for Board Candidates. The Texas Association of School Boards offers free resources for board candidates at: https://www.tasb.org/Services/Leadership-Team-Services/Resources/For-Board-Candidates.aspx
For further help with campaign finance questions, please contact the Texas Ethics Commission at (512) 463-5800 or (800) 735-2989. You should direct other questions about election law to the Texas Secretary of State Elections Division at (512) 463-5650 or (800) 252-8683.