Protection Plan Coverage
EanesCare Protection Plan Coverage
Eanes ISD recognizes that with the implementation of the program there is a need to protect the investment in iPads by both the District and the Student/Parent. This document outlines options for EanesCare protection plan of the iPad against damage, loss, and theft. EanesCare may be purchased up to one week after the iPad is issued. After the first week, the iPad will need to be assessed for any damages before EanesCare is applied. Also, a payment needs to be made and verified before coverage starts.
EanesCare Protection Plan:
- EanesCare is available for students and parents to aid in the cost to cover the iPad and case replacement in the event of theft, accidental damage, or loss.
- Students and parents/guardians will be responsible for the full cost to repair or replace the iPad and all accessories if EanesCare is not purchased or a third or more incident occurs within the coverage period. Repair rates subject to change without notice.
- A maximum of two (2) claims which may include either theft with a police report, loss, or an accident from handling that is the result of an unexpected and unintentional external event that arises from your normal daily usage, can be made and fulfilled using a student’s EanesCare protection plan. After which, the term of that EanesCare protection plan coverage expires. Students are permitted to purchase EanesCare a second time for the coverage period.
- Claims must be processed by staff within the EISD Technology Services Department.
Coverage for EanesCare:
- In the event of an accidental damage claim:
- The cost responsible by student and parent/guardian is $0.
- All damage claims will need to be reported within a reasonable amount of time.
- In the event of a theft claim:
- A police report must be filed by the student or guardian and the case number must be given to the campus tech.
- EanesCare will pay 70% of the replacement amount. Accordingly, the student and parent/guardian will be responsible for the remaining 30%.
- In the event of a lost claim:
- EanesCare will pay for 50% of the replacement amount; the student and parent/guardian will be responsible for the remaining 50%.
- In the event the iPad and case is damaged intentionally or recklessly, even if EanesCare was purchased, it is the campus’s discretion to decide whether or not the student or student responsible will be charged 100% of the cost to replace or repair the damaged device and accessories.
- Failure in keeping the iPad in the district issued protective case will forfeit your EanesCare coverage.
- If EanesCare was not purchased to cover the student issued iPad and case, then the parent/guardian and student will be responsible for the full amount to repair or replace the iPad and all accessories.
This document and EanesCare protection plan terms and conditions are subject to change at any time without notice. Please see the district website for the updates and information.
For questions about coverage, please email iPadProtectionPlan@eanesisd.net.