The State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR) is given to students in grades 3-8 and to students taking high school level courses listed below.
The STAAR program, includes annual assessments for:
- reading and mathematics, grades 3–8
- writing at grades 4 and 7 (no longer administered as of 2021-2022)
- science at grades 5 and 8
- social studies at grade 8
- end-of-course (EOC) assessments for English I, English II, Algebra I, Biology and U.S History.
More information is on the TEA website, including FAQ’s and sample questions.