- How can my child receive services through the GT (Gifted & Talented) Program?
- Where can I find out more information about the GT program?
- Who can be assessed for the GT Program?
- I am new to the district and my child was in a GT program at their last school. Can my child participate in the GT program in Eanes?
- How do we have a student assessed for the GT Program?
- When and Where will the Assessment take place?
- What if my child cannot attend the the September 8th Assessment Date?
- Do I drop my child off for the Assessment or am I expected to wait while me child takes the Assessment?
- What can my child bring to testing?
- What is the testing schedule for the day?
- My child will be a kindergarten student in the 2018-2019 school year. When is kindergarten Gifted & Talented Assessment?
- What is the Gifted & Talented Assessment process for High School Students?
- What do Gifted & Talented Services look like at the High School level?
- Are there any forms parents need to complete?
- When will I find out the results of my child’s assessment?
- My child qualified, what now?
- My child didn’t qualify, what now?
In order to receive GT services, your child has to qualify for the program. To start the process, please attend one of the information meetings which explain in detail the assessment process. The online consent form can be found on district and campus websites. The Consent for Assessment Form will be available August 1, 2018 through August 31, 2018.
The assessment process is open to all students. Parents, staff members, and students themselves may initiate a request to be assessed for the GT Program, however parents are required to complete the online Consent for Assessment Form in order for their child to be assessed. Assessments are given in September to students in grades 1-8 and in January to kindergarten students. In grades 9-12 students may be assessed by request to firstname.lastname@example.org
A student receiving Gifted & Talented services from another district that transfers to Eanes ISD may complete a Transfer Referral Form. Once the Referral Form and completed file from the previous school district is received by the campus, the student will be assessed following Eanes ISD GT guidelines. Placement decisions will be made within six weeks of receiving the completed Referral Form which includes the GT file from the previous district.
First, it is strongly recommended that parents attend one of the district’s information meetings. These meetings are conducted in August at a central district location. These meetings will be advertised on each campus and through the district website. Next, parents must complete the online Consent for Assessment Form located on the district’s Advanced Academic website and on the website of each campus’ Gifted and Talented Specialist.
- Students in grades 1st-5th will be given an ability assessment on Saturday, September 8, 2018 at Valley View Elementary. Click here to access the testing schedule for the 1st-5th ability assessments.
- The Gifted & Talented Specialist on each campus will conduct the creativity assessments during the month of September on the student’s campus during the school day.
- Kindergarten students will be assessed on their home campus in January.
- 6th-8th grade ability testing will be conducted on each middle school campus during the week of September 10-14th.
- 6th grade Creativity Assessments (Part A) will take place on each middle school campus during the month of September.
- 6th Grade Creativity Assessments (Part B) will be conducted on Saturday, September 8, 2018, at Valley View Elementary School.
- All 7th grade Creativity Assessments will be conducted on each middle school campus in September.
- All 8th grade Creativity Assessments will be conducted on each middle school campus in September.
Students needing to make-up the ability assessment or 6th Grade Creativity Assessment due to extenuating circumstances will take the assessment on Saturday, September 15, 2018. This make-up session will take place at Valley View Elementary. Please email your campus GT Specialist as soon as possible.
You must walk your child into the school to be checked-in for their testing assignment. Once your child has been checked in, it is encouraged that you leave and return to the gym (pick up area) to pick up your child at the designated pick up time.
You must walk your child into the school to be checked-in for their 30-minute testing assignment. Once your child has been checked in, you may wait in the gym to pick up your child.
September 8, 2018
Valley View Elementary
1201 South Capitol of Texas Highway
Austin, TX 78746
- Second Grade
- Check-in Cafeteria: 7:30 am - 7:45 am
- Part 1: 8:00 am - 9:00 am
- Break/Snack - Children may bring a utensil-free, nut-free, quick snack and water (in cafeteria): 9:00am - 9:15am
- Part 2: 9:15 am - 10:15 am
- Parents must sign-out child in cafeteria at 10:15 am
- Fourth and Fifth Grade
- Check-in Cafeteria: 10:15 am - 10:30 am
- Test: 10:45 am - 11:45 am
- Parents must sign-out child in cafeteria at 11:45 am
- Sixth Grade
- Scheduled sessions by appointment (creativity assessment)
- First Grade
- Check-in cafeteria 12:15 pm - 12:30 pm
- Part 1: 12:45 pm - 1:45 pm
- Break/Snack - Children may bring a utensil-free, nut-free, quick snack and water (in cafeteria): 1:45pm - 2:00pm
- Part 2: 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Parents must sign-out child in cafeteria at 3:00 pm
- Third Grade
- Check-in cafeteria: 2:45 pm - 3:00 pm
- Test: 3:15 pm - 4:15 pm
- Parents must sign-out child in cafeteria at 4:15 pm
- Sixth Grade
- Scheduled sessions by appointment (creativity assessment)
*Students will be grouped by grade levels, not necessarily by campus.
- The online consent form can be found on district & campus websites. The Consent for Assessment Form will be available November 26, 2018. The deadline to submit the Consent for Assessment Form is December 14, 2018.
- Kindergarten students will be assessed on their campus in January. Results will be sent out by March 1st.
- The assessment process is open to all students. Parents, Staff members, and students themselves may initiate a request to be assessed for the GT Program, however parents are required to complete the online Consent for Assessment Form in order for their child to be assessed.
- The online consent form can be found on district & campus websites.
- The Kindergarten Parent information meeting will be conducted December 3, 2018 at Valley View Elementary at 6:00pm. Parents are encouraged to attend the informational meeting.
Parents must complete the online Consent for Assessment Form and submit it by the deadline in order for the assessment process to begin.
Students in High School can be assessed for the Gifted & Talented Program. If you would like to make arrangements for your High School student to be assessed for the Gifted & Talented Program, please contact Jerri LaMirand at email@example.com
Students qualifying for Gifted and Talented services will begin attending GT class in early November 2018. Elementary students will receive information from the campus GT Specialist about a meeting to sign Consent to Serve Forms and Middle School students will return the Consent to Serve Form included in the results letter.