The assessment process is open to all students through a referral system. Students may be referred by parents, staff members, or themselves. Students qualifying for GT services will begin early March 2020.
- December 2, 2019, 6PM at Valley View Elementary School: Parent information meeting. Parents are strongly encouraged to attend the informational meeting.
- December 2, 2019 - December 20, 2019: The online consent form will be available on district & campus websites.
- Once a student is referred, parents must complete the online Consent for Assessment Form and submit it by the deadline in order for the assessment process to begin.
- January 17, 2020: Parents will complete a Scales for Identifying GT Students (SIGS) form.
- All assessments and portfolio work will be completed at the campus.
- March 2, 2020: Letters will be mailed home. Kindergarten students qualifying for GT services will begin early March 2020.
- May 8, 2020 by 4pm: A parent/guardian, student, or educator may request an appeal of the Campus Committee’s decision.
Due to suspended normal operations, the GT kinder appeals deadline will be extended to May 8 at 4:00 PM. Parents will send all documentation to Cindy Johnson at email@example.com
Parents who have not yet met with the GT teacher and are interested in information about an appeal may email their campus GT Specialist for further details.