The assessment process is open to all students through a referral system. Students may be referred by parents, staff members, or themselves. Students qualifying for GT services will begin early March 2020.
- December 2, 2019, 6PM at Valley View Elementary School: Parent information meeting. Parents are strongly encouraged to attend the informational meeting.
- December 2, 2019 - December 20, 2019: The online consent form will be available on district & campus websites.
- Once a student is referred, parents must complete the online Consent for Assessment Form and submit it by the deadline in order for the assessment process to begin.
- January 17, 2020: Parents will complete a Scales for Identifying GT Students (SIGS) form.
- All assessments and portfolio work will be completed at the campus.
- March 2, 2020: Letters will be mailed home. Kindergarten students qualifying for GT services will begin early March 2020.
- March 27, 2020 by 4pm: A parent/guardian, student, or educator may request an appeal of the Campus Committee’s decision.
- Parents may initiate an appeal by completing an appeal form after they have met with the campus GT Specialist.
- April 30, 2020: District appeals committee will meet to review appeals and letters will be mailed home.