1st - 12th Grade
The assessment process is open to all students through a referral system. Students may be referred by parents, staff members, or themselves. Students qualifying for GT services will begin early November 2019.
- Notification for GT referral process and parent meeting will go out through district and campus communication.
- August 1, 2019 through August 30, 2019: The online consent will be available on district & campus websites.
- The assessment process is open to all students. Parents, staff members, and students themselves may initiate a request to be assessed for the GT Program.
- Once a student is referred, parents must complete the online Consent for Assessment Form and submit it by the deadline listed above in order for the assessment process to begin.
- August 22, 2019, 6:00PM at the WHS Performing Arts Center: Parent Information Meeting. Parents are strongly encouraged to attend this informational meeting.
- September 7, 2019 at Valley View Elementary:
- Students (Grades 1-5) will be given the ability assessment. View the Assessment Schedule.
- Students (Grade 6-8) will be given a creativity assessment. Students will be assigned an individual assessment time slot by the campus GT teacher.
- Saturday, September 14, 2019: Students needing to make-up the ability assessment (Grades 1-5) or the creativity assessment (Grades 6-8).
- September 20, 2019: Parents will complete a Scales for Identifying GT Students (SIGS) form by 9/20.
- All creative assessments for grades 1-5 will be completed at the home campus.
- All ability assessments for grades 6-8 will be completed at the home campus.
- October 31, 2019: Letters will be mailed home notifying parents of GT placement. Students qualifying for GT services will enter the program in early November 2019.
- Parents may initiate an appeal by completing an appeal form after they have met with the campus GT Specialist.
- December 5, 2019 by 4PM: A parent/guardian, student, or educator may submit an appeal of the Campus Committee's decision.
- December 20, 2019: District appeals committee will meet to review appeals and letters will be mailed home.