The technology device covered by this agreement is an iPad tablet computer. One iPad, Apple charging adapter, Apple charging cord, case USB charging cord (if applicable) for all secondary students and selected elementary students. This equipment is, and at all time remains, the property of Eanes Independent School District. The iPad is subject to inspections, damage assessment (fees may be applied), and can be confiscated at any time. The equipment will need to be returned in acceptable condition if a student graduates, graduates early, withdraws, or is expelled from school prior to the end of the school year. As a general note, iPads turned in for repair or at the end of the year are wiped and the district makes no guarantee that the same iPad will be returned.
Your iPad is an important learning tool and is for educational purposes only. It is essential that the following guidelines be followed to ensure the safe, efficient, and ethical operation of this device:
- My iPad is my responsibility and I will not leave it in unsupervised areas. I will care for the equipment on a daily basis and ensure that it is kept in a safe environment.
- When I’m first issued an iPad, I will be responsible for checking and reporting any damages (excluding accidental damage made after issuance) within 7 days of issuance for a warranty replacement iPad. I understand the possibility of replacement due to cosmetic dents and scratches through normal wear and tear will not be considered for replacement.
- Any technical, physical, or mechanical issues/damages with the iPad will be repaired through the Eanes ISD Technology Services Department and must be reported to the school within 7 days of occurance. iPads may not be serviced or replaced at any Apple Store or service shop.
- To help protect against the loss of data due to damage or collection of the iPad, I understand that it is my responsibility to perform regular backups of my data to the iCloud, Google Drive, or e-mail saved documents to myself.
- I will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the Eanes ISD-owned iPad is not damaged, lost, or stolen while it is issued to me.
- I will not remove or modify the identification and inventory labels that have been placed on the iPad.
- I will not add stickers, labels, tags, or markings to the iPad, Case, or charging accessories, unless otherwise directed by Eanes Technology Dept.
- I will keep my accounts and passwords secure and will not share these with any other student's nor will I attempt to add, delete, access, or modify other user accounts on the iPad.
- I will not modify the iOS operating system or “Jailbreak” my iPad.
- I will not remove or alter, in any way, profiles on the iPad set by the district.
- I will take no action that could interfere with the district’s network.
- I will return the iPad, Apple charging adapter, Apple charging cord, USB charging cord (if applicable), and case in good working order when requested or upon my graduation, expulsion, or withdrawal from school.
- I will perform regular requested and mandatory updates of the iPad Operating System only when directed by the Technology Services Dept.
- I will keep my iPad protected with a case at all times.
- Upon returning the iPad, I will sign out of my Apple ID (iCloud) accounts.
Your son/daughter has been issued a district device. It is essential that the following guidelines be followed to ensure the safe, efficient, and ethical operation of this device:
- I will supervise my son's/daughter's use of the iPad at home.
- I will ensure that my son/daughter reports any mechanical, physical, or technical issues/damages to the school within 7 days of an incident.
- I will ensure that my son/daughter understands the Student Responsibilities outlined in this document.
- I agree that the iPad, Apple charger, Apple charging cord, USB charging cord (if applicable), and case will be returned to the school when requested and upon my son's/daughter's graduation, expulsion, or withdrawal from school.
Note: EISD recommends that students or parents/guardians enable the “Find My iPad” in the iCloud application within their iPad settings. This application may aid in locating a lost or stolen iPad outside of the EISD district network if connected to WiFi.