2018-19 Protection Plan
For 2018-19 Eanes ISD offers two (2) optional protection packages.
Coverage may be purchased at any time during the school year. Please visit the Help Desk during lunch hours with the iPad and Clamcase. A Technology Support Specialist will assess the device to make sure it's clear of any damages before the insurance charge is applied to your Family Access Account. Once the charge is applied you have a few days to make the payment on your family access account to start coverage.
Check out the chart below to compare the different optional protection plans offered. More detailed information can be found below.
Please note: For students in the 5th grade iPad Take-Home Initiative, the district will offer the EanesCare+ Protection Plans at a reduced rate. Reduced rates will be reflected in the online payment system when you make your purchase.
EanesCare+ Protection Plan Coverage
Eanes ISD recognizes that with the implementation of the program there is a need to protect the investment in iPads by both the District and the Student/Parent. This document outlines options for EanesCare+ protection plan of the iPad against damage, loss, and theft. EanesCare+ may be purchased up to one week after the iPad is issued. After the first week, the iPad will need to be assessed for any damages before EanesCare+ is applied. Also, a payment needs to be made and verified before coverage starts.
EanesCare+ Protection Plan:
- EanesCare+ is available for students and parents to aid in the cost to cover the iPad and case replacement in the event of theft, accidental damage, or loss.
- Students and parents/guardians will be responsible for the full cost to repair or replace the iPad and all accessories if EanesCare+ is not purchased or a third or more incident occurs within the coverage period. Repair rates subject to change without notice.
- A maximum of two (2) claims which may include either theft with a police report, loss, or an accident from handling that is the result of an unexpected and unintentional external event that arises from your normal daily usage, can be made and fulfilled using a student’s EanesCare+ protection plan. After which, the term of that EanesCare+ protection plan coverage expires. Students are permitted to purchase EanesCare+ a second time for the coverage period.
- Claims must be processed by staff within the EISD Technology Services Department.
Coverage for EanesCare+:
- In the event of an accidental damage claim:
EanesCare+ Standard: The cost responsible by student and parent/guardian is $50.
EanesCare+ Premium: The cost responsible by student and parent/guardian is $0.
o All damage claims will need to be reported within a reasonable amount of time.
- In the event of a theft claim:
o A police report must be filed by the student or guardian and the case number must be given to the campus tech.
o EanesCare+ will pay 70% of the replacement amount. Accordingly, the student and parent/guardian will be responsible for the remaining 30%.
- In the event of a lost claim:
o EanesCare+ will pay for 50% of the replacement amount; the student and parent/guardian will be responsible for the remaining 50%.
- In the event the iPad and case is damaged intentionally or recklessly, even if EanesCare+ was purchased, it is the campus’s discretion to decide whether or not the student or student responsible will be charged 100% of the cost to replace or repair the damaged device and accessories.
- Failure in keeping the iPad in the district issued protective case will forfeit your EanesCare+ coverage.
- If EanesCare+ was not purchased to cover the student issued iPad and case, then the parent/guardian and student will be responsible for the full amount to repair or replace the iPad and all accessories.
This document and EanesCare+ protection plan terms and conditions are subject to change at any time without notice. Please see the district website for the updates and information.