Classes offered from the Health Sciences department are designed to prepare students for careers in medicine and healthcare.
The information learned in these courses is useful to manage personal medical information, by becoming more aware of procedures, terminology, specializations, and knowledge of how to protect one’s own health. Though the Health Science Courses students can:
- get overview of healthcare including history, legal and ethical issues, disease processes, careers, and anatomy and physiology
- examine health careers in a clinical setting by shadowing various professionals in hospitals in proximity to our school
- learn medical terminology, the language of medicine
- be prepare to take the certification exam in phlebotomy
- prepare for the PTCB exam to attain a national pharmacy technician certification
- learn Community Emergency Response Team training and obtain the following certifications: CPR, First Aid, OSHA, and many more