In the Epicure Academy on Friday, students learned about bacteria and a few of its different forms.
Today marked the third day of Epicure Academy and already students have had their first community expert come visit and share a bit of their life in the world of food. Dr. Foo Swasdee, one of the USA’s most renowned food scientists came to talk about her experience in the food industry.
Instruction and learning activities are provided in a food lab using hands-on experiences, including guest speakers from local chefs and food entrepreneurs. Students will learn all about the food industry culminating in a student-designed and managed restaurant. This program provides students the opportunity to:
- prepare and share food with others to build community, gain hospitality management and food production skills
- acquire career-oriented, entrepreneurship skills necessary in hospitality management, marketing, and operations
- blend physics and chemistry to transform tastes and textures of food; Molecular Gastronomy
- analyze what impact you can have on the world through your food consumption and food waste management
- learn how to lead healthier lives through technique & nutrition
- learn and apply professional standards of ethics, food safety and employability skills
We are looking for volunteers for the following roles: Guest speakers, Startup Judges and Mentors.
Sign up to Volunteer: