There are two accelerated paths for mathematics:
- Fifth grade with a 5th/6th compacted math course.
- Sixth grade with a 6th/7th compacted math course.
See the Math Course Sequence for more information.
Math Course Selection for 5th grade
There are two math courses available for fifth grade students: Math 5 (fifth grade math) OR Math 5/6 (compacted fifth/sixth math).
Math 5/6 eligibility:
- Students must meet grade level expectations on 4th grade math STAAR
- Receive a satisfactory grade without Tier II or Tier III math support
Campuses will send out information in May on how to select your child's math course. Students enrolling in Math 5/6 must maintain an 80% average or higher on all assessments.
Math Course Selection for 6th grade
Students enrolled in Math 5 will be placed in Math 6 or Math 6/7 for sixth grade.
Math 6/7 eligibility:
- Students must meet high standards on 5th grade math STAAR and summative assessment, and
- Receive a satisfactory grade without Tier II or Tier III math support, are eligible to be placed into Math 6/7.
- Students enrolling in Math 6/7 must maintain an 80% average or higher on all assessments.
Students enrolled in Math 5/6 will be placed in Math 7 Pre-AP for sixth grade.