Chaparral Stadium Closed Beginning May 24
The track and field at Chaparral Stadium will be closed to the public beginning May 24, 2012 for bond project construction. Community members are asked to utilize the tracks at Hill Country and West Ridge Middle Schools during construction.
Bond projects scheduled at Chaparral Stadium over the summer include
- Replace the subsoil under the track with stabilized, lime-injected soil and then install a new track;
- Abate areas that have lead paint;
- Replace a section of the visitor side bleachers;
- Improve accessibility routes, ramps and adjust stadium seating for ADA compliance to the new standards that go into effect March of 2013;
- Replace the videoboard components of the scoreboard.
Earlier this year, the district installed panic device doors at the stadium for emergency exit capability to meet local fire code requirements.
For information on May 2011 bond projects, visit http://www.eanesisd.net/bond/2011.