Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) projects were selected based on the District's ADA matrix, which is a tool that aids in prioritizing and budgeting ADA projects in-line with legal requirements. Categories within the matrix are A) Life Safety, B) Functional Access, C) Technical Compliance and D) Universal Accessibility.
For the 2011 Bond Program, the Board of Trustees voted to include projects in categories A (Life Safety) and B (Functional Access).
All issues that have a possibility of harming an individual and/or preventing an individual from evacuating the building in an emergency. A majority of the projects have been completed, but a few still remain.
- Remove, relocate or provide cane detection at all protruding objects. Examples include paper towel dispensers, AED units, wall-mounted TVs, drinking fountains without wing walls and/or ADA skirts.
- Install grab bars in accessible restroom stalls and showers.
- Renovate steep ramps.
- Install Area of Rescue Assistance call boxes at non-accessible exits.
Total of projects that fall under A) Life Safety: $806,850.
All issues that interfere with a disabled person’s ability to participate and/or function in the school setting. Issues that prevent a disabled person from accessing programs and/or locations and/or issues that prevent a disabled person from participating in a group setting.
- Replace non-compliant hardware (door knobs, lavatory knobs, etc.) with levers.
- Install signage with Braille.
- Renovate non-accessible routes with ramps.
- Renovate non-accessible restrooms.
Total of projects that fall under A) Life Safety and B) Functional Access: $2.59 million.
Los documentos se encuentran disponible en las oficinas del Edificio Central de la Administración del Distrito Escolar de Eanes en Camp Craft Road, número 601, Austin, Texas 78746. En la red: (www.eanesisd.net) / o al llamar al número de teléfono 512-732-9011.