1st - 12th Grade
The assessment process is open to all students through a referral system. Students may be referred by parents, staff members, or themselves. Notification will go out through district and campus. Students qualifying for GT services will begin early March 2018.
|Apr 24, 2107 @ 6PM||GT Identification Parent Information Meeting @ Hill Country Middle School|
|May 1, 2017 @ 8AM through
May 31, 2017 @ 5PM
Aug 1, 2017 @ 8AM through
Aug 31, 2017 @ 5PM
Online consent form available on district & campus websites
|Aug 23, 2017 @ 6PM||GT Identification Parent information meeting @ WHS Performing Arts Center|
Sept 9, 2017
|Sept 22, 2017||Deadline for Parents to complete a Scales for Identifying GT Students (SIGS) form|
|Oct 31, 2017||Letters will be mailed home|
WHAT IS THE GT PROCESS FOR 1ST - 12TH GRADE?
April - August:
- Notification for GT referral process and parent meeting will go out through district and campus communication.
- The assessment process is open to all students. Parents, staff members, and students themselves may initiate a request to be assessed for the GT Program, however parents are required to complete the online Consent for Assessment Form in order for their child to be assessed.
- Parent information meetings will be conducted on April 24, 2017 at Hill Country Middle School at 6pm and on August 23, 2017 at the WHS Performing Arts Center at 6pm. Parents are encouraged to attend one of these informational meetings.
- Once a student is referred, parents must complete the online Consent for Assessment Form and submit it by the deadline in order for the assessment process to begin.
- The online consent form can be found on district & campus websites. The consent form will be available May 1, 2017 at 8am through May 31, 2017 at 5:00pm AND August 1, 2017 at 8am through August 31, 2017 at 5:00pm.
- Students will be given the ability assessment on September 9, 2017 at Valley View Elementary. Click Here to access the September 9, 2017 Assessment Schedule.
- Students needing to make-up the OLSAT assessment will take it on Saturday, September 16, 2017 at Valley View Elementary.
- Parents will complete a Scales for Identifying GT Students (SIGS) form by September 22, 2017.
- All assessments and portfolio work will be completed at the campus.
- Letters will be mailed home by October 31, 2017. Students qualifying for GT services will enter the program in early November 2017.
- A parent/guardian, student, or educator may request an appeal of the Campus Committee’s decision by November 30, 2017.
- Parents may initiate an appeal by completing an appeal form after they have met with the campus GT Specialist.
- District appeals committee will meet to review appeals and letters will be mailed home by December 22, 2017.