Points of Pride
District Level: 2015-16
- Eanes ISD and all nine campuses achieved the highest rating of “Met Standard” in state accountability ratings. Scores for Eanes ISD and all its campuses significantly surpassed the minimum target score in all four categories.
- Eanes ISD staff tallied more than 20,000 hours of professional development during the 2015-16 school year.
- Eanes ISD and all nine schools nabbed top state and national rankings by research site Niche, including Westlake High School named as fourth best high school in Texas. Eanes ISD came in at second in the nation, number one in the state.
- West Ridge Middle School took third in the state for middle schools, 14th in the nation, while Hill Country Middle School was fourth in the state, 25th in the nation. All six elementary schools were named in the top 11 around the state. Barton Creek Elementary came in at number four in Texas.
School/District State Ranking National Ranking
Eanes ISD 1 2
West Ridge Middle School 3 14
Westlake High School 4 39
Hill Country Middle School 4 25
Barton Creek Elementary 4 41
Eanes Elementary 6 48
Forest Trail Elementary 7 50
Valley View Elementary 9 60
Bridge Point Elementary 10 73Cedar Creek Elementary 11 85
- The Eanes ISD Special Olympics team brought home numerous medals throughout the year in bowling, basketball, tennis and track and field.
- The students at the Adult Transitions Services Program (ATS) are demonstrating their post-secondary readiness skills. Last year almost half of all students had paid employment and the other half had at least two volunteer placements. Eight students have internships at the Lakeway Regional Medical Center.
- The Eanes Education Foundation granted a record $2.03 million to Eanes ISD, which will fund 40 teachers and staff positions, and provide tuition assistance for teachers earning their master's degrees.
- Eanes ISD has eight campuses that are rated as Energy Star campuses, using 55.45 kbtu per square foot.
- With state championships in girls swimming & diving and state runners-up in football, boys swimming & diving and girls golf, Westlake High School won the 6A UIL Lone Star Cup for 2015-16. The Chaparrals also earned points with a third place finish at state in boys golf, a regional finalist in boys basketball and district championship in academics. Westlake last won the UIL Lone Star Cup in 2002 in Conference 5A.
Conroe The Woodlands
Katy Seven Lakes
San Antonio Johnson
Katy Cinco Ranch
Austin Lake Travis
San Antonio Reagan
- The Symphonic Band at Hill Country Middle School had its UIL recording selected to advance at both the region and area contests and came in 8th place overall by the Texas Music Educators Association.
- WRMS Future City Engineers placed 2nd in nation overall, 1st in model city design.
- In spring of 2016, a total of 3,881 AP tests were administered at Westlake High School. Approximately 75 percent scored a three or higher.
- The Westlake Class of 2016 surpassed state and national averages in American College Tests (ACT) taken last spring, marking a 26.8 average compared to the state average of 20.6 and national average of 21. The school had 594 students take the test.
- The Class of 2016 marked the highest SAT score in Westlake history, coming in at 1826. The state average was 1376, while the national average was 1478.
- The Class of 2016 includes 28 National Merit Finalists, 59 Commended Scholars, and 10 National Hispanic Recognition Program Recipients.
- The Class of 2016 was offered scholarships totaling over $20.5 million
- The Class of 2016 had 99 percent accepted to admission at the college level
- Westlake has had a Presidential Scholar Candidate each of the past three years, including two candidates in 2016.
- Westlake High School had 13 students selected as All-State musicians by the Texas Music Educators Association (TMEA), an honor that only the top three percent of musicians who initially audition achieve.
- The Literary and Fine Arts Magazine, The Final Draft, was awarded Superior - Nominated for Highest Award by (NCTE) National Council of Teachers of English.
- Westlake High School Band Director Kerry Taylor won the UIL Sponsor Excellence Award last year, selected by a panel of judges in the areas of music, athletics and academics from nominations submitted by school principals and superintendents across the state.
- Varsity Cheer Team placed second in the nation. WHS Girls Swimming won State Championship, and Boys Golf was State Runner-Up.
- WHS had a student win a silver medal in the Men's 50 Meter Freestyle event at the Special Olympics State Swim Meet.
- Close to 600 Westlake High School seniors volunteered close to 1,800 hours in the community during Senior Service Day last year.
- Bridge Point hosts two major events throughout the year, Arts Day and Science Day, which bring in dozens of presenters and hundreds of volunteers.
- Eanes Elementary hosted its 2nd annual STEM Day, a hands-on day packed full of engineering design challenges, robotics, computer programming and more, focusing on Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. Professionals and students from area STEM organizations such as UT’s Theme Park Engineering Club, Girlstart, and the Austin Tinkering School led students through an interactive, authentic experience.
- Forest Trail Elementary had six first-place finishes in the Austin Energy Regional Science Fair.